Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Back Up

After agreeing with Raja, I finally joined the group Naughty G. The group consists of me, Raja and Mei. We were supposed to perform 3 tracks. I was the hype man for that day. I was lazy so I decided it to be that way.



The 3 of us arrived the scene late. It was due to the jam in KL. Aint my fault, suppose to be there by 3PM but we end up reaching there about 4.30PM. After I parked my car, the 3 of us walked to the club. The club was small but the crowd was filled with adolescents above 19. I was chilling and checking around but being worried about Mei. You know how older brother takes care of his little sister. She just took SPM, so you can guess her age.



After few performances, someone there was attacked with babi sawan. An emcee from PSB Crew took camera and recorded all the way. So the gig stopped about 5 minutes. Once a while, I went out to smoke. I just felt that I want to be alone for a while.



After a while, it was contest time, the emcee called 2 girls, all of sudden he called me. I had to be supportive since I am the one of the performers that day. I was forced to dance with 2 girls while the club was playing the track Gold Digger by Kanye. I never listen to the track before. The emcee made the 2 girls sandwich me. What else? I took the opportunity to feel their breast while the 1 in front to give me a tip drill. I got a free CD. You know, I love freebies.



We were the last performers, Raja was worried that there will be no supporters and keep asking me. I keep telling "him up to you". In my head, I remembered my friend told me last Friday that I must do my shit no matter what. It aint fair that Raja's and Mei's microphone was perfect but mine aint. But in my heart insisted that I must do it since a friend encouraged me to do it. I did the chorus for the 2 songs that Raja decided on, Lean Back and Numbcore. I did the intro, add lips and Chester Bennington's part. Much to my amaze, Raw N G hopped on the stage for us, brought their fans for us, the support was good. Pee(of Raw N G) was shirtless and bouncing next to me. What am I waiting for? I moved aside and removed my colar t-shirt to show off my tatts too. The one that received the most response was Mei. I was proud of her and happy to be part of the group. 1 thing I hate for that day was I was performing songs that I never listen to. I will perform a track alone for the next group's performance. It's Raja's and Mei's turn to be the back up for me.



As we were about to leave, I asked where's next, he said that he wanted to eat with Ejay of Junior Hustlaz. My heart was like hoping to lepak with Raw N G and Ah Bad. That's why I keep insisting Ah Bad to eat at KLCC. Maybe next round we will go our seperate ways after performance. My favourite performance for that day was non other than Raw N G. I managed to lepak a bit with them outside after the gig.



No comments: