Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Malacca Trip Day One




Malacca, again. For the second time I went there for this year last Saturday. It was short but was fun indeed. Our group consist of myself, Ben, Jam, Dush, Daniel, Shaun and Hiew.


Team Kari 1: Ben, Jam, Dush and Daniel.

Team Punggok 1 : myself, Shaun and Hiew.

Don’t ask about the weird group name.



We were supposed to start at 10am but thanks to Shaun we started around 12noon. Both cars have a walkie-talkie for easy communication, and it's cheaper that way.



Getting ready for the journey




Below is a few pictures taken when me, Hiew and Shaun felt bored in the car. It was Shaun’s idea. I was like “cool, let’s do it!”. Yes, the usal me

My Team, Punggok 1 consist of myself, Shaun @ driver and Hiew @navigator











Once we arrived, Shaun called his girlfriend and invited her out. We picked her up and then went to Jonker’s Street for Chicken Rice Ball. We had the chicken, rice ball and fish. The smell made me miss Penang so much. I can be touchy at times ok!










After we had lunch, we went down the road to have cendol with gula Melaka and milk. I kept pouring gula Melaka as I love the taste. I remember vivdly I poured a lot on my cendol and the price is RM1.70nett. I have sweet tooth, what can I say? Diabetic case soon, ahh f*@k it!


















































Interesting sights at Jonker's Street







Please be advised that the signboard have been tampered with.



After a sumptous meal, we checked in the hotel. I stayed there before, but it was a 3 bedroom apartment. For this trip, we are staying in a 2 bedroom apartment. The room that I chose was good but the other room have air-con problem. I felt lucky. Lucky devil, aint I? Nice sleep with the air-con blowing straight to me that afternoon plus the wheather was hot.I was sleeping while the rest was playing with the PS2 that Ben suggested to bring along.



Dinner time, after waiting for Shaun for an hour plus, we headed to Umbai for dinner. It was tasty but to go there was quite a distance. The journey is about 30 minutes drive. I did hope that the journey was worth it. The menu for the night was sotong, steamed fish, otak-otak, pari fish, kankung and nasi lemak. Beverages was ais manis limau and the the ais limau.
















































After dinner, we headed to Jonker’s street. We strolled there again for the second time of the day before we went to Ringo’s. Pasr malam time. Nothing much to eat or buy but I am not complaining. Should I?















Ringo’s is a bar that is located at Jonker’s Street. The place have live performance. Too bad it is not my type of music but it is enjoyable. 70's, 80's music? I have to admit that some songs I do like. I have to admit that. Shhhh... Hip hop or rap, they did some raggae. I felt kind of bored there. It was Daniel's birthday and I knew that that time only.




























After we drank beer, then we went back to hotel to clean up and they played PS2. I did not play PS2 as I am not an avid gamer. As if that I was.














No comments: