Wednesday, May 18, 2011

G-Dragon trained with SM Entertainment for 5 years before becoming a YG trainee. Shocks ?!


So the rumor before about G-Dragon being an SM trainee is true after all. Asia.co.kr got to interview him about this and here's a rough translation/summary of the article they posted:

G-Dragon became popular when he was young by being part of Little Lulla. Little Lulla was a hit like An Angel Without Wings. ~another show

"I was on MBC's Bbobbobbo before. I sat next to Bbomee (?) nuna and I danced really well. I guess I was discovered by Little Lulla then. We even went on a concert tour and put out a carol album."

Little Lulla was very popular then but after awhile, the company decided to terminate it, which became a big shock to the 8-year old G-Dragon.

"As an 8-year old, I was shocked. I thought I would continue to become a singer. I even told my mom that I wouldn't do it again. And then I lived a normal life as a student."

But it seems like he was destined to become famous. One time, his family went on a ski resort where SM Entertainment, headed by Lee Sooman, was conducting a dance competition (or audition). He joined and got chosen to be a trainee. He trained for almost 5 years, during the time when S.E.S, H.O.T, BOA and Shinhwa were gaining popularity.

"When I trained under SM, it wasn't a big company yet so instead of practicing every day, I would go once a month or once every three months. SM officials don't probably remember me anymore but I danced a lot. I wasn't handsome but I had a mischievous face and followed directions very well. There was even a time when I sat on the laps of Shinhwa members."

As an SM trainee, G-Dragon didn't have a clear vision of what he wanted to do. When he was in 3rd grade, he discovered the Wu-tang Clang through a friend. He then joined People Crew (?) where he learned more about freestyle rapping.

Via 6theory.com& asiae.co.kr






No comments: