Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kanye West Reveals Blogging Secrets

Grammy-winning rapper Kanye West has revealed the secrets behind his popular daily blog, admitting he works with a paid staff to assist with the postings.
Click here to find out more!

Along with discussing his methods, Ye also unveiled the site's responsible for many of his postings.

"I might [blog for] two hours in a day, it might be fifteen minutes in a day," Ye said in an interview. "I have two people that I hired and I tell them exactly what I want -- it's just like how a designer would work. I tell them, you know, Surface magazine, Wallpaper, Architectural Digest, Hypebeast, Bossip -- go to these different blogs and keep on pulling information. And then they send it to me, and I get like 80 e-mails, and I have to check and go through them. And sometimes I'll have my own stuff where I'll just be in a cool place, like if I had my camera right now, I'd like photograph this stuff and go home and be really excited to blog it." (New York Magazine)

For a time, Ye refused to speak to media outlets other than his blog and has built an online following as a means to speak to his fans directly.

"Oh, hey world. As you can see, I'm in Paris, chilling -- due to the transactions early this week, I have some very, uh, grim news," West said in a video while in Paris. "I know I've been called the Louis Vuitton Don, I know, I've been called a lot of names, uh mostly The Don, the Louis Vuitton Don -- due to what happened -- when the red shoes hit the runway, I was forced to change my name, to, Martin Louis The King, Jr. Address me as such. And until then, I will be in the building, swagger on a hundred thousand trillion." (Kanye Blog)

Despite its popularity, Ye was questioned last summer after reports of a ghost blogger emerged.

Sure Kanye wrote that one outburst on his blog, but no, he doesn't find all those neat gadgets or post those videos and photos from the road. Someone else does all that for him. That someone else is Marcus Troy, Kanye's "Ghost Blogger" - a term Marcus coined to describe the service he provides for a few celebrity blogs. If you ask Marcus whether he ghost writes for Kanye, of course he'll deny it. Because that's what ghost writers do: they stay in the cut while giving others the glory. (Sandra Rose)

However, West later debunked these rumors.

This led gossip blogger Sandra Rose to posit that Troy was actually Kanye's ghost blogger, a theory that I suspect she came up with in part because Troy is into posting results of cool-hunting expeditions like the man he's supposedly writing for. Kanye, needless to say, was not pleased by the allegations, throwing up a post titled "I DON'T KNOW WHO THE H*LL THIS IS... BUT I COVERED HIS NAME AND FACE SO HE WOULDN'T GET THE PUB HE WAS OBVIOUSLY LOOKIN' 4!" that was full of whited-out pictures of Troy and blogging-action shots. (Idolator)


read more
source 1
source 2

No comments: